Is an American single-engine ground attack aircraft made famous in combat during World War II by the First American Volunteer Group (AVG) of the Chinese Air Force in 1941-1942, nicknamed the Flying Tigers.
While the P-40 could not match the maneuverability of the opposing Japanese fighters, it was faster in a dive, sturdy and had an excellent roll rate.
The U-2 Dragon Lady® is a high-altitude surveillance aircraft, designed to fly at 70,000 feet and featuring a 103 foot wing span. The U-2® served the United States during the Cold War and at peak altitude, it could not be tracked by radar, nor shot down.
Were trained at the Tuskegee Army Air Field in Alabama. During World War II, they flew more than 15,000 individual sorties in Europe and North Africa where they gained recognition as The Red Tails for the uniquely painted red tails of their planes.
P-51D MustangTM “Duchess Arlene”
Was a red-tail P-51D flown by Lt. Robert Williams - a Tuskegee Airman – in 1945. He flew 50 combat missions from Italy with the 100th Fighter Squadron.
Is both a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) and short takeoff and landing (STOL) aircraft used by the United States Marine Corps, Air Force and Navy. Its tiltrotor design allows the Osprey to takeoff and land like a helicopter, then fly as a fixed-wing, turboprop aircraft.
Was flown in World War I by the famous Manfred Von Richthofen. The plane's tri-wing design allowed for superior maneuverability which was critical to WWI dogfighting. Due to the triplane's crimson color, Richthofen was dubbed the 'Red Devil' by the WWI French (this nickname was changed to 'Red Baron' after the war).
The consolidated B-24 Liberator, first flown in 1939, began active service in 1941 and was the most produced American aircraft of World War II, with 18,482 built. The Liberator was used in every theater of the war and for a variety of missions from long-range bombing and submarine patrol, to transporting high priority cargo and VIPs.
DIAMOND LIL was the 18th production B-24 built.
Today Diamond Lil is one of two airworthy B-24s.